Customs and Logistics Coordinator,
Under the general direction of the Customs and Logistics Manager, the Logistics and Customs Coordinator is responsible for assisting in logistical functions associated with the import and export compliance of finished goods, spare parts and samples entering into North America from different parts of the world.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and maintain computer database documenting all information relating to the import of all containerized shipments into Canada and the United States from all overseas suppliers, as well as inter-company Transfers between Canada and USA
- Audit shipments created by Danby Asia
- Coordinate & execute Diversion requests with Carriers and follow to completion
- Liaise with SCP and Sales on receiving priorities and expedite with Carriers/Truckers as required
- Assist on the update of Transit times tables that are provided to Supply Chain for Purchases planning purposes
- Assist in the process of claims to Carriers for those damages that require compensation
- Issue required documentation for the appropriate customs agency for imports coming into Canada and the USA
- Act as the company’s liaison with Canada & USA Customs and custom brokerage firms
- Prepare duty draw back forms for merchandise exported or returned
- Maintaining customs entry number computer database
- Assists in the creation/preparation of shipping documentation of inter-company cross border shipments
- Review invoices received from brokers relating to imports / exports (Canada and USA) for accuracy, making sure entries are made properly, and report discrepancies to correspondent broker office as needed for correction
- Pull records and/or documentation required for duty drawback reporting for merchandise exported into the United States or Canada
- Completion of a college 3 year diploma program in Logistics, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management is required along with 2-5 years experience in Customs administration and international trade compliance
- The candidate must demonstrate good understanding of (international) logistical requirements & processes and a general knowledge of Import & Export principles
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required for this position including experience with ERP/MRP/DRP replenishment software systems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, both verbally and in written correspondence
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate in the completion of tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.