Line Worker (Day Shift),
Do you enjoy hands on, challenging work? Are you looking to gain more experience working in a warehouse?
We are currently seeking hard working Line Workers to join our Reverse Logistics team in Guelph, Ontario.
What is Reverse Logistics? When a retailer returns our product (as rare as this may be) we bring the product back in house to fix it, clean it and resell it!
Interested in being a part of that process? Apply now!
What’s in it for You:
- Full time permanent position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family
- Opportunity for advancement and career development
- Discounts on Danby products!
- Unpack units and sort accessories to correct storage locations
- Perform test functions on product to verify operations
- Perform physical / visual inspection of the product to verify operations
- Re-box remanufactured product and skid other product for movement to storage location
- Complete documentation associated with product status
- Input product status into ERP database system
- Keep general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard or strapping materials or product etc.
- Move product around the warehouse using a pump truck, forklift and clamp truck.
- Ensure that product is stored with correct stacking heights and is within the marked areas & report any safety concerns
- Other warehousing duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a warehouse
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Safety mindset!
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Experience using RF scanners
- Computer literate, proficiency in programs such as, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and NetSuite
- Experience in shipping/receiving, order picking & reverse logistics is considered an asset
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores. Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers