Inventory Costing Analyst,
Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, the Inventory Costing Analyst is responsible for the costing of incoming products. This position analyzes and reports on inventory valuation, inventory transactions, material and freight costs, and other costs incurred in the operational segment. The Inventory Costing Analyst assists with month-end closing and reporting and other duties as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for cost accounting:
- Creates cost sheets for incoming inventory
- Costs inter-company transfers and ensures accuracy of transfer billing
- Calculates Cost of Goods Sold and adjusts as necessary
- Performs product profitability analysis
- Responsible for making recommendations on costing and consignment inventory procedures.
Responsible for inventory on consignment:
- Tracks inventory sent to suppliers for refurbishing and reconciles to factory inventories
- Tracks inventory purchases and reconciles to factory inventories
- Tracks purchases of inventory accessories and expenses as product sold
- Codes and processes factory expense bill-backs for refurbishing costs, samples, and parts shipments
Responsible for assisting with general accounting:
- Processes bill-back invoices for inter-company expense recovery
- Tracks and expenses prepaid items
- Maintains amortization schedules for capital assets
Responsible for assisting with year end close:
- Assists in year end inventory count
- Assists in preparation of year end working papers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, and a minimum of 2 years accounting experience in a “for profit” enterprise.
- Experience working with multiple currencies
- Current enrollment in the CGA program or equivalent at a minimum level 3
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of letters of credit
- Strong computer proficiency, an advanced understanding of Excel spreadsheets and formulas
- Prior experience within an import/export business
- Ability to prioritize tasks to work in an efficient and organized manner.
- Ability to utilize a high level of mathematical skill
- Excellent multi-tasking ability, strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Ability to participate in on-going efforts at process improvement by recognizing inefficiencies and making appropriate recommendations.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.