Intellectual Property Attorney/ Agent,
Do you have exposure to Patent law? Are you looking to make an impact by providing your legal expertise? Do you enjoy seeing great ideas come to fruition? Then, we’d love to speak with you!
Reporting directly to entrepreneurial, unconventional, growth minded CEO – Jim Estill, the Intellectual Property Attorney/ Agent will be responsible for submitting patents annually and managing the end to end patent process. They will also counsel on corporate legal matters and improve the business through ingenuity and ideation! The company has a 70 year history and as we continue to write this history, we look to innovation and good ideas, to carry us forward!
2018 Product Development Team at Danby:
- Average of 2-3 patents filed monthly
- 200+ projects
Danby will support you by offering professional development, a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced team and a pragmatic leader to constantly challenge you
- Oversee the end to end patent process
- Advise on general litigation and employment matters
- Undertake continuous improvement initiatives
- Continue to build, develop and protect the Danby IP
- Bachelors’ degree in any field or a legal degree
- Patent filing strategy experience
- Patent searching experience
- Creative approach to business problems
Top marks for:
- Patent Lawyer with 1 year minimum PQE
- Registered Patent Agent
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.