Inside Sales Associate,
Do you enjoy customer service & sales? Are you looking to kick off your sales career with an organization that values its customers as much as its people?
The Inside Sales Associate will expand Danby sales across the United States to new and existing retailers. They are responsible for growing new business relationships and increasing the sales profits of a portfolio of appliance accounts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells to and services dealers; existing Danby and some large Tier 2 accounts through direct store contact and new accounts
- Collaborates with the Director of Independent Sales to develop annual business plans and budgets
- Knowledgeable about the competitive market to generate new business opportunities
- Supports the company’s attainment of volume, revenue and profit targets with emphasis on building a strong reputation through superior customer service
- Assists in the development of sales programs, product selection and pricing
- Builds and maintains a rapport with new and existing accounts to provide service and achieve sales targets
- Supports all accounts in their sales efforts by recommending in store merchandising, product advertising, and new product introductions
- Liaises with the sales department to ensure customers receive their orders on schedule with clear communication from the Sales Support team
- Trains retail sales associates on product specifications and features
- Details retail sales floors to ensure proper merchandising set-up and display of product at retail
- Remains current on knowledge of all Danby products and those of our competitors
- Monitors performance against the budget and tracks product/category segments
- Ensures an understanding of sales and programs by region
- Assists at trade shows and private sales as required
- A University/College degree in Business or Marketing or one to two years of sales experience is required
- Knowledge of the appliance industry and retail channels would be an asset
- Able to demonstrate business skills related to negotiating, analyzing sales figures as well as presenting and selling products to potential and existing customers
- Must also have an excellent grasp of brand building and customer service coupled with strong communications skills
- Must have proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers
- Computer literacy is required, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Inside Sales Associate spends majority of the time in the office and periodic travel within their region. Some data entry is required of the individual.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability