About the role
Under the guidance and support of the Industrial Design Manager, you will design and develop the next generation of innovative appliances. As a core member of Danby’s Industrial Design team you will be involved in all stages of the product development process, from concept to manufacturing. As an advocate for the value of design, you will be an excellent communicator and collaborator within our wider team of appliance experts in all departments, such as marketing, sales and engineering.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for great design; who has an obsessive eye for detail but who also has a pragmatic approach to problem solving and moving projects forward. You should be well-versed and comfortable with all stages of the product development process. You will take great pride in all aspects of your work and be driven to create simple, beautiful solutions that add real value for the customer. At the same time as having a considered, thoughtful approach you will not be afraid to try and fail.
How you’ll make an impact
There is no such thing as an ‘average’ day in the Danby ID team. The variety of projects means you are equally likely to be found 3D modelling in Solidworks, sketching on the Wacom or getting your hands dirty in our workshop – making use of our expanding prototyping facilities, including a 3D-printer and laser-cutter.
If you are as excited as we are to deliver class-leading products, and think that you have the skills and experience to make a valuable contribution, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll need
- Post-secondary degree in Industrial Design plus at least 3 years’ relevant experience
(Applications from candidates with senior designer experience are welcomed and salary will be commensurate with experience)
- Expert proficiency at 3D modelling in Solidworks, including top-down assembly modelling and advanced surfacing techniques
- Good mechanical aptitude, with a sound understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to create renderings and presentations using Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchbook Pro
- Excellent organization, project management, and multi-tasking
- Manual workshop and prototype building skills
Attach a PDF (max 20MB) of your resume that also includes pages from your design folio. Alternatively, you can include a link to an online portfolio. Please note that candidates without a folio of design work will not be considered.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.