About the role
Under the guidance and support of the Industrial Design Manager, you will design and develop the next generation of innovative appliances. As a core member of Danby’s Industrial Design team you will be involved in all stages of the product development process, from concept to manufacturing. As an advocate for the value of design, you will be an excellent communicator and collaborator within our wider team of appliance experts in all departments, such as marketing, sales and engineering.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for great design; who has an obsessive eye for detail but who also has a pragmatic approach to problem solving and moving projects forward. You should be well-versed and comfortable with all stages of the product development process. You will take great pride in all aspects of your work and be driven to create simple, beautiful solutions that add real value for the customer. At the same time as having a considered, thoughtful approach you will not be afraid to try and fail.
How you’ll make an impact
There is no such thing as an ‘average’ day in the Danby ID team. The variety of projects means you are equally likely to be found 3D modelling in Solidworks, sketching on the Wacom or getting your hands dirty in our workshop – making use of our expanding prototyping facilities, including a 3D-printer and laser-cutter.
If you are as excited as we are to deliver class-leading products, and think that you have the skills and experience to make a valuable contribution, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll need
- Post-secondary degree in Industrial Design plus at least 3 years’ relevant experience
(Applications from candidates with senior designer experience are welcomed and salary will be commensurate with experience)
- Expert proficiency at 3D modelling in Solidworks, including top-down assembly modelling and advanced surfacing techniques
- Good mechanical aptitude, with a sound understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to create renderings and presentations using Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchbook Pro
- Excellent organization, project management, and multi-tasking
- Manual workshop and prototype building skills
Attach a PDF (max 20MB) of your resume that also includes pages from your design folio. Alternatively, you can include a link to an online portfolio. Please note that candidates without a folio of design work will not be considered.