Under the general direction of the Controller, the Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting in the accounting and reporting activities of a segment of the business. This includes providing support in the monthly closing of financial systems and responsibility for various reports, reconciliations and analyses.
Additional responsibilities will include conducting studies to analyze financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action, analysis of financial information to determine present and future financial performance, and identification of trends and recommendations for improvements.
The Financial Analyst will also be required to assist in the development of budget, planning and other financial documents and reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accounting functions and responsibilities accurately and according to established corporate financial reporting timelines
- Prepares Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
- Inter-company processing and analysis
- Customer allowance processing and analysis
- Preparation of schedules for outside auditors and regulatory agencies (e.g. Stewardship remittances)
- Assists in development of monthly Forecast, Annual budget process
- Analyzes cost centre detail and explains variances
- Prepares monthly and year-to-date financial reports
- Development of control processes
- The individual in this position should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience in a “for profit” enterprise
- Preference will be given to candidates who are pursuing or have completed their CA, CMA or CGA designation
- Experience working with multiple currencies is also an asset
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices is required
- Must demonstrate working business skills related to analyzing and interpreting financial statements and company metrics
- Critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to interact with high integrity and confidentiality at all levels of the organization is essential
- Advanced understanding of Excel spreadsheets and formulas and a working knowledge of MS Word and accounting software packages
- Prior experience within an import/export business is preferred
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come. At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.