The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of product distribution and Danby’s Guelph facility. The Facilities Manager negotiates and manages container drayage scheduling, offloading and transportation, and warehouse equipment in accordance with budget expectations. This position is also responsible for managing the performance of administration and supervisory staff including remanufacturing lines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with leadership to develop short and long term strategic plans, including the preparation of budgets
- Provide strong leadership by promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally
- Develop and implement monthly, weekly KPI’s for the teams
- Manage and supervise direct reports, overseeing the movement of finished products and materials in and out of the warehouse and the remanufacturing production lines
- Manage and maintain the facility in Guelph, including responding to facility emergencies, security, and off hour support as required
- Establish and implement departmental objectives and procedures
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the hiring and training of new employees
- Develop and present plans for capital projects including warehousing, storage facilities, and equipment
- Responsible for special projects completion as assigned by Senior Management
- Post-secondary education in Logistics or Material Management related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience
- 5 years’ of direct work experience in a warehouse and production management capacity
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking and presenting
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers
- Proven team management and leadership skills to achieve top performance
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.