Director of Marketing,
Do you love trying to figure out what makes people buy a particular product? Do you love figuring out how to maximize the results of marketing campaigns? Do you love guerilla marketing (Danby is small so we need to maximize the impact of our marketing spend)? Do you love learning? If so, our Marketing Director role is for you!
You will be reporting directly to our CEO who is a marketer. This is good…and bad. It means he has definite views of what and how things should be done. That said, he is the opposite of a micro-manager. But it also means he highly values marketing. If you would like a copy of the book he wrote on marketing – just ask.
Managing the various brands can be a challenge. In Canada, Danby is well recognized (over 50% unaided brand awareness) but in the US, Danby is virtually unknown. A mix of approaches is needed to market well.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement marketing and public relation strategies and campaigns
- Develop standards and branding guidelines for style and content across internal and external communications across multiple products and brands
- Plan and execute campaigns for launching new product lines, promotional events, trade shows, etc.
- Work closely with the Sale’s team and provide them with useful selling tools, materials and presentations
- Guide daily activity of marketing team and drive high performance and output
- Work with the Product team to define marketing materials, new product launches, and ensure positioning is brought to life through our products
- Produce valuable content for the company’s online presence and other publications
- Conduct market research to keep on top of trends and competitive environment
- Manage social media presence
- Ensure content provided from Head Office is relevant for the US
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Web Trends, etc.) and Google Adwords
- Post-secondary in business, marketing and communications or relevant field
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to leverage unique branding opportunities
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- An ability to lead and inspire a marketing team with a hands-leadership style