Director, Business Development & Distribution,
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and working closely with the Executive team, the Director of Business Development & Distribution (BD&D) pursues new product opportunities & collaborations and manages them as part of their assigned categories.
The Director (BD&D) is accountable for delivering the annual budgeted revenue and gross profit for their assigned categories. This is achieved by thoroughly assessing the market, identifying the target audience, articulating a singular objective with focused strategies, and related tactics in-field.
The ideal candidate is driven, hungry, and smart. They thrive on ownership, display drive, and provide mutual support to their peers. A business architect by nature, this individual is comfortable creating a game plan where there is none, likes to balance their time in-market vs. in-office, and knows how to set the sales organization up for success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursues new business ventures and business opportunities that align to Danby’s core strengths and corporate values
- Market assessment, including analyzing consumer, customer, competitors, and economic variables
- Proactive product life cycle management
- Identifying and commercializing new products based on customer and consumer insights
- Manage the financial health of the categories and their individual products
- A University Degree in Business and/or Marketing is required
- 8 to 10 years marketing (or marketing/sales combination) experience at the Senior Management level in a retail focused business, of which 2 to 3 years in a similar product line management role
- Have lead and/or participated in market assessments and strategy development
- Has demonstrated success executing at retail
- Has lead and/or participated in a significant product commercializing effort
- Merger and Acquisition experience an asset
The Director (BD&D) works in an office setting. Travel will be required throughout Canada, the United States up to 30% of the time, including working in China 1-2 times a year.
anby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.