Demand Planner (Forecasting),
This Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products in the US market. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for the customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, Supply Chain and other sources
What’s in it for You?
- 40 hours a week, working with a resourceful, talented and analytical team
- Opportunity to emerge as a leader in the organization
- Employee discounts on Danby products
- Promote from within environment
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Finance to ensure that accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Manage forecast models, analyze trends, manage forecast tools, and maintain accurate data
- Develop and measure key performance indicators and work towards continuous improvement
- Ensure early warning and quick reaction to potential supply issues and ensure most effective resolution
- Collaborate to create corrective actions when stock is not available
- College diploma program in Business / Supply Chain Management and/or 5 years’ work experience in a Demand Planning role
- APICS or other related certification preferred
- Excellent time management, communication, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Appliance or consumer goods experience is preferred
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty Appliance Company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability