Under the general direction of the CFO, the Credit Manager will be responsible for ensuring the consistent application of the company credit policy and the periodic review of existing customers with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales while managing credit risk. This role will manage multiple direct reports and hence leadership skills and teamwork are critical to success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises direct reports including hiring, delegation, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Prepares weekly AR Rollforward and Monthly JPM Bank Reporting for Receivables
- Ensures adherence to established corporate credit and collection policies and procedures
- On a periodic basis reviews specific customer aging
- Responsible for the establishment of new accounts and monitoring of any changes in existing accounts
- Responsible for reviewing delinquent and overdue accounts and improving DOS / Collections on a daily basis
- University education in Accounting and/or a CCP or CCE or equivalent credit designation is required
- Approximately 5 years previous experience in accounting, accounts receivable and collections with at least one year at the supervisory level
- Strong skills in, communicating both verbally and in written correspondence, customer service, negotiating, prioritizing and motivating and leading a team
- Strong computer skills coupled with excellent problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Bilingualism in English and French is preferable but not required
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.