Consumer Care Manager, Guelph, ON
Under the general direction of the Director of Consumer Care & Reverse Logistics, the Consumer Care Manager is responsible for providing training, coaching, mentoring, discipline, hiring, terminations and overall management of the Consumer Care team. This role is also responsible for serving consumers, technicians and dealers regarding escalated issues, inquires and complaints. At all times, the Manager will provide professional and courteous service while following Danby’s corporate policies and procedures. By understanding their role as a brand ambassador, the Manager will provide positive brand experiences to all customers both internally and externally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a coach and mentor to all Customer Care Representatives to continuously develop their skills in order to provide a positive experience for consumers
- Responsible for quality monitoring of CCRs as per company policy, which includes listening to calls, evaluating and providing feedback during a coaching session
- Provides assistance to the consumer, technicians and dealers according to company policies and procedures as they relate to service and warranties
- Analyzes and resolves customer care issues in order to exceed customer satisfaction within established SOPs
- Escalates consumer issues to the Director of Consumer Service when issues fall outside of ability to resolve satisfactorily or as required
- Provides guidance in the process of replacement of units and requests for refunds under warranty and company policies
- Maintain a 85% or higher replacement vs. refund ratio
- Provides instruction to consumers regarding installation and proper operation of Danby products
- Provides basic troubleshooting on the technical aspects of our products and requests assistance from technicians when required
- Explains the appropriate warranty provisions for our products to service depots, dealers and consumers as required
- Interacts with service depots on behalf of customers for requesting documentation, part numbers, assists with scheduling of service calls and other issues
- Management activities pertaining to the CCR team
- Drive costs out of the consumer care department by ensuring high occupancy rates and CCR performance
- Maintain call flow telephony system with MIS to ensure new products and or services and documented and implemented
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of direct work experience leading a customer service team of 10-15 representatives
- Strong knowledge of call center reporting and terminology is required
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong skills in communication, rapport building, problem solving, managing detail, prioritization and follow through
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is required
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!