Communications and Media Relations Specialist,
If you are a seasoned and creative writer with a background in Marketing Communications and Media Relations, this role could be for you!
You understand storytelling and the power of a narrative, you are driven and innovative, and you know how to work hard, but still have a little fun while doing it. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications and Media Relations Specialist will be responsible for increasing Danby’s brand awareness across North America through captivating and compelling communications.
What’s in it for you?
- Full time, permanent position
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- Opportunity to build on your Marketing Communications knowledge and skills
- Employee discounts on Danby products
- BBQ’s, potlucks and lots of other fun events led by our Culture Committee!
- Initiate strategic and creative planning of Media campaigns and projects
- Provide exceptional results in media relations outreach, delivering strong, earned coverage for our brand
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization on strategic marketing communication projects and new product launches
- Act as a Danby brand ambassador ensuring our global brand, vision and mission are upheld in the market
- Grow and maintain a list of editors, media contacts, press and influencers with whom you will build and develop professional relationships with
- Prepare briefs and media statements for senior leaders
- Pitch media to ensure we have ongoing mentions, features in industry news and publications
- Draft, develop, and edit written communication materials in a variety of formats for multiple target audiences i.e. social media, email, brochures, websites, blogs, newsletters
- Plan, schedule, write and launch press releases
- Assist with inquiries and comments on all social media platforms to provide responses
- Analyze and report monthly media coverage metrics to share with the senior leadership team
- Wear multiple hats, manage multiple projects and remember to have fun!
- A post-secondary degree/ diploma in Business Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- 5+ years of related work experience, particularly in a Communications capacity
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong project management skills to plan, develop, and implement proactive communications
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt quickly to last-minute changes in direction, presentation, and execution
- Advanced working knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience advising senior leaders
- A creative brand, with an understanding of current marketing communication and social media trends
- Flexibility to travel occasionally across Canada and to the U.S.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Experience with website content management, Google Analytics and SEM – WordPress and NetSuite skills is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian specialty appliance industry including national and independent sales channels is considered an asset
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.