Smart, hungry, driven? Then take a look!
This position has a great career trajectory that could propel you into category management and/or sales.
The Category Associate is responsible for effectively leading, and tracking new product development processes to meet costs and timelines. The Category Associate must possess a strong understanding of positioning, pricing, distribution, and promotion in order to increase and solidify brand equity. This position will help develop and influence the Category Manager in developing the direction and strategy of the category.
- Lead, manage and track new product development process to assure meeting cost and timelines
- Create, own and maintain the detailed product plan and 1-3-5 year multi-generational product development plan (MGPD)
- Provide the Category Manager with specific category analyses and business reviews identifying how to deliver growth
- Continually track brand performance/initiatives; inclusive of data interpretation and translating analysis into strategic needs
- Perform retail intelligence and makes recommendations on space optimization/sku rationalization
- Support the Category Managers in business case development
- Present information and/or recommendations to key stake holders
You will need:
- A University degree or College diploma in Business and/or Marketing is required or equivalent experience plus three to five years of direct work experience in an analyst role
- Knowledge of the commercial appliance industry and related sales channels
- Excellent customer service coupled with strong communication and project management skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of supply chain/ demand planning and forecasting
- In-depth retail market awareness and understanding of market trends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Excel, MS Word, Power Point, Access, and Prospace programs
The Category Associate works in an office setting. This individual spends most of their time in a seated position. Local and International travel is required to retailer corporate offices and select stores in Canada and the USA.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.