Business Analyst – Summer Student,
We are currently seeking a Business/Commerce, or Mathematics/Statistics student to join our Super-fast Light Touch (SLT) E-Commerce team, located in our Guelph office, for a 4-month term, beginning May 2019.
As a member of the SLT team you will gain valuable exposure to some of the industry’s latest E-Commerce strategies and have the opportunity to work on a small team helping drive online sales. You will be part of our vibrant, enthusiastic team, and have the opportunity to help deliver a variety of services related to E-Commerce.
What’s in it for You?
- 40 hrs a week, Mon- Fri
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family!
- Discounts on Danby products
- Opportunity to build on your E-Commerce knowledge and skills
- Conduct market research using digital tools provided by the SLT team.
- Analyze market data and perform basic calculations to determine viable new product opportunities.
- Assist the team in developing visual reports and project correspondence, including Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and summary reports.
- Work with our procurement team sourcing and vetting new product ideas.
- Help develop and/or improve internal processes and templates.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Are working towards completion of a Business/Commerce, or Mathematics/Statistics degree
- General knowledge of E-Commerce and digital marketing
- Past experience in sales or customer service
- Previous co-op or summer work experience
- Proven ability adapting to changing priorities
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Succinct communicator in daily interactions and in written correspondence
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.