Assembly Associate – Summer Student,
Are you someone who likes to make things happen and get the job done? Are you looking to gain experience working in a warehouse this summer? Does working alongside a great group of people, using your hands with good attention to detail in a fast paced environment, sound like fun to you? If so, apply now!
We are currently seeking hardworking Assembly Associates to join our warehouse team this summer! This position operates out of our Guelph, Ontario head office.
What’s in it for You:
- Full time, summer position
- Single Day shift, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- An outstanding culture where you are part of the Danby family
- The opportunity to learn more about assembly & warehousing
- Discounts on Danby products
- Learn and follow detailed work instructions (various work stations) used on Assembly floor
- Good attention to detail and quality orientated while also able to work in a continuous assembly flow process team structure
- Able to operate production assembly tools (electric drivers, hand tools, wrapping machine and electric pump carts)
- Lift/carry and push/pull of products weighing up to 50lbs.
- Keep work stations and general areas tidy and aisle ways clean and free from cardboard, packaging materials, etc.
- Ensure that product is stored in identified marked areas only & report any safety concerns
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- 1 or more years’ experience working in a warehouse
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Safety mindset!
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Computer literate, proficiency in programs such as, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores. Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers