The Appliance Technician is responsible for testing returned / damaged / defective product, performing rework, diagnosing and repairing the returned product. Technicians may also perform periodic, service repairs, warranty work, as well as other duties as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Testing returned / damaged / defective products
- Performs physical / visual inspection of the product
- Test product for performance within product specifications
- Asses tested product’s’ sale ability
- Completes documentation associated with product status
- Responsible for the diagnosis and repair of product
- Review’s report pertaining to the unit failure (if applicable)
- Diagnoses the problem and determines root cause
- Determines whether to repair or scrap item
- Scraps items in accordance to company policy
- Requisitions the required parts for repair of the unit form the parts department
- Repairs product as required
- Completes documentation associated with the product status
- Performs all duties in a safe and responsible manner
- Responsible for following all company rules and guidelines
- Performs all tasks in accordance with the Health and Safety laws and guidelines
- Ensures federal and provincial regulations are being adhered to at all times
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Technician certification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an appliance technician
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
The Appliance Technician works in a Warehouse setting and the temperature is variable depending on seasonal conditions. There is noise in relation to the Tow Motor; however, proper hearing protection is provided and is optional. Some lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling of heavy product weighing 45- 50lbs will be required to load and unload various shipments.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability