Accounts Payable Associate,
Are you an experienced payroll professional who can hit the ground running? Do you enjoy a corporate, and collegial environment and have exposure to ERP systems such as NetSuite?
If so, then we’d like you to join our team!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives invoices and matches them with purchase orders and receiving reports
- Codes invoices to appropriate G/L accounts and enters into ERP System
- Works with the Inventory Costing Analyst to ensure costs are input correctly into ERP
- Performs check runs and bank check verification procedures
- Runs reports for purchase journals and aged payable report monthly
- Tracks payment metrics
- Periodically reviews assumptions and processes to assists team to find better, faster, less expensive solutions
- Reconciles and analyses general ledger AP accounts, reserves and in-transit inventory
- Covers AR cash applications when necessary
- Assist with accruals and other reporting requirements for month close
- Candidates must have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in accounts payable and general bookkeeping or equivalent experience
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency with ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.