Accounts Payable Associate,
Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for accounts payable and maintaining appropriate financial documentation through an organized system of filing. Other responsibilities will include producing monthly accounting reports, recording entries to the General Ledger as well as processing payable and received cheques, providing assistance with annual audit, and administrative duties related to bookkeeping. Other duties will be assigned as necessary. Accuracy is critical in this high-volume primarily data entry role.
What’s in it for you?
- Full time, permanent position
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days
- Continuous learning opportunities and support
- Employee discounts on Danby products
- BBQ’s, potlucks and lots of other fun events led by our Culture Committee!
- Receive invoices and matches them with purchase orders and receiving reports
- Code invoices to appropriate G/L accounts
- Enter invoices into Accounting System
- Verify account codes and signatures for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures.
- Work with the Inventory Costing Analyst to ensure costs are input correctly into the Accounting System.
- Upload cheque files to bank website
- Match invoices to cheques for authorized signature
- File cheque stubs
- Run reports for purchase journals and aged payable report monthly
- Verify Ocean Freight rates based on rates from the Accounting Manager
- Maintain spreadsheets for audit purposes
- Communicate with internal & external customers/vendors to clear AP issues
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- 2 years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and ERP software specifically NetSuite
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
The Accounts Payable Associate works in an office setting. The individual spends most of their time in a seated position. Frequent data entry is required of the individual.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing.
Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.