Do you have the ambition and drive to push yourself and others to a higher standard? Do you belong on a winning and innovative team? Do you enjoy leading a team?
We are looking for an Accounting Manager for our Canadian head office, to be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, daily cash management, A/P, monthly general ledger reporting and cost accounting! If these responsibilities excite you every day then please apply!
- Approve and track all customer volume rebate and allowance claims
- Be responsible for income and excise taxes remittances
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of year-end audit files
- Be the lead contact for external auditors
- Provide strong leadership by promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission by direct reports
- Provide support to direct reports; by communicating expectations/plans, coaching their performance, providing opportunities to develop skills and holding them accountable
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Have a minimum of 7 years accounting experience in a “for profit” enterprise at the management level
- Must have a CPA designation
- Have high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Be able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers
- Have proven team management and leadership skills to achieve top performance
- Netsuite ERP experience
- This position requires an advanced understanding of Excel spreadsheets and formulas
- Prior experience within an import/export business would be preferred
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 70 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!