Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting operational efficiency. The Staff Accountant is also primarily responsible for ensuring sales and use tax and other finance compliance activities are performed timely and accurately. Performs other duties and finance projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial guidance for contract review and approval processes
- Manage academic service billing processes
- Prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations
- Support Tax Specialist for Sales and Use Taxes compliance
- Act as Privacy Officer and payment card industry standards advocate
- System savvy and acts as an strong ERP support by developing reports and processes to drive operational improvements
- Strong excel skills critical to the role (pivot tables, Vlook-ups etc.)
- Support year end close, physical inventory and financial and government audits, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, a minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting and business experience
- An accounting designation is preferred
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with ERP’s is a must, as are exceptional computer proficiency skills in general, and advanced level Excel and MS Office knowledge
- Exposure to US income taxation and/or sales taxation is an asset
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner both verbally and in written correspondence
The Staff Accountant works in an office setting. The individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position. Data entry is required of the individual on a regular basis. May be required to enter the warehouse from time to time as part of job function. Travel is required in this role.
Danby Products Inc. and Intirion Corporation are EO employers – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Intirion/MicroFridge® is a division of Danby. For over 20 years, we have focused on providing Academic, Hospitality, Healthcare, Government and Office/Industry verticals with innovative and reliable specialty appliances for their small space living environments. MicroFridge® has a proud history of pioneering new technology throughout our industry, being customer centric and treating others with respect and dignity.