Freezer Meal Planning
When your week gets a little crazy, making meals in advance can be a real life saver especially with kids. Get ahead by stocking the freezer with pre-made meals. When it’s time to eat, easily cook or re-heat with little hassle.
Here are some tips and tricks to help preserve your food with care, avoid freezer burn, prevent unpleasant odors and contaminating other foods in the freezer.
- Use specialty freezer wrappings
- Permanent freezer markers are convenient for labelling foods with the food name and use-by date
- Leave as little air as possible in the packages and containers
- Wrap solid foods such as meats and baked goods tightly in foil before you bag them
- Use rigid containers with an air-tight lid
- Secure wrapped packages and containers with freezer tape
- Ensure the food you are freezing has cooled completely
- Never re-freeze anything that’s been frozen
Click here for some great recipes you can freeze!
What recipes do you suggest to freeze? Share with us!