Fall is quickly approaching, the kids are back to school but you are still finding yourself busier than ever? We get it, you don’t always have time to prepare a full meal and you are finding yourself wanting to make more microwave and slow cooker meals. There is nothing wrong with that! We want to help you.
Loaded Potato Soup
Here is a great microwave recipe for parents and students on the go!
1. 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2. 1/2 cup butter
3. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4. 8 cups milk
5. 1/4 cup chopped onion
6. 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
7. 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
8. Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time = 15 minutes | Cook Time = 15 minutes | Ready in 30 minutes
1. Place cubed potatoes into a glass dish, and cook in the microwave oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until soft.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour until smooth, then gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
3. Stir in the potatoes and onion, and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in the sour cream and Cheddar cheese until melted and well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Looking for an easy crock pot recipe? Here is one that our Marketing Manager recommends from getcrocked.com.
1. 4 lbs pork butt
2. 2 large onions, sliced
3. 1 can of ginger ale (NOT diet)
4. 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
Prep Time = 15 minutes | Cook Time = 14 hours
1. Slice one of the onions and place in slow cooker
2. Place the pork roast over 1/2 of the sliced onions and cover with the other half
3. Pour the ginger ale all over
4. Cover & Crock on LOW for about 12 hours
5. Remove the meat. Save the onions but set aside all the liquid
6. Shred the meat, picking out and discarding any fat, bones or skin
7. Transfer the shredded pork and the onions back to the slow cooker and stir in BBQ sauce ( use 1.5 – 2 cups)
8. Add any of the liquid to your taste to make the meat more moist
9. Crock on LOW for 2 more hours.
Bon Appétit! Thanks getcrocked.com for an delicious pulled pork crock pot recipe!