While we may not like airing our dirty laundry, it may be the only option if we are in tight living quarters. Whether that be an apartment, condo, tiny home, or cottage, you are probably well-acquainted with your local laundromat.
And while laundromats have commercial machines that allow for larger and faster loads, that cost can pile up.
- Transportation to and from the laundromat = $1
- Cost per load for the washer = $2
- Cost per load for the dryer = $2
- Detergent/dryer sheet costs = 21 cents
- Average number of loads per week = 8
Based on these numbers, this amounts to about $41.68 per week and approximately $2,000 per year to use the laundromat. Keep in mind these numbers can vary significantly depending on where you live, the size of your household, and the type of machines the laundromat offers.
So, what is the alternative?
Introducing Danby’s Compact Top Load Washing Machine! Enjoy the convenience of in-home laundry with this 3.0 cu. ft. washing machine. But, don’t let the small exterior fool you, with its 12kg stainless steel drum, this washer can hold around 38 men’s shirts, almost twice as much as a standard 7kg machine.
- Compact Sizing: Taking up minimal square footage and able to tuck away when not in use
- 6 Convenient Washing Cycles: Including heavy, normal, quick, bulky, delicates, and spin only
- Multiple Water levels: Provides flexibility for washing different types and sizes of wash loads (minimum water level: 32.15L, maximum water level: 64.61L)
- Stainless Steel Drum: stainless steel is used for its durability and won’t rust over time
- Warranty: 12 months parts and labor coverage with In-Home service.
Additional features: 700 RPM Spin Speed, Digital Control with LED Display, Delay Start, Child Lock, End of Cycle Buzzer, Spin auto-balancing which corrects out-of-balance wash loads.
With the sleek addition of in-home laundry, you do not have to book an afternoon off to sit idly by the machine, nor worry about your laundry being stolen, though we can’t say much about a sock or two going missing!
Save time and money with a Danby Compact Washer. Find a retailer near you.
Blog content inspired by FiscalTiger.
Not yet following us on social media? Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn, or subscribe to our YouTube channel!