Under the general direction of the President, the Vice President of Marketing is responsible for providing executive leadership and management of the company’s marketing activities for all divisions in North America. The VP will provide vision for all marketing and product category execution, consumer care and drive the Company’s efforts to position itself as a leader in its markets while achieving its financial objectives. This position overseas all corporate marketing services, warranty programs, partner/channel marketing activities, product lifecycle strategies, brand management (including licensing opportunities) , product channel management, new product development that meet the profitability goals and ensure high consumer care service levels through our call center. Externally, he or she will establish key long-term relationships with business partners that enhance profitability and market position. As a member of the Senior Management team and an Officer of the Company, he or she will participate in the development of the organization’s priorities and objectives in alignment with the corporate vision, mission, and values statements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and develops a 5 year plan for the marketing organizational structure based on the strategic plan and projected growth targets.
- Lead the development of the annual Marketing plan (Brand identity, consumer insights, competitive analysis, product development, pricing strategy, channel strategy, promotional strategy, PR, digital, social etc.).
- Establish an Innovation pipeline for the Danby Group of companies, to ensure that you can always answer the question “Why Danby” when asked by both customers and consumers.
- Responsible for the lifecycle management of all product categories. Includes product category strategies, multi-year business plans and exit strategies for mature/poor performing products. Identifies and assesses new product and new market opportunities and develops the business case to align with company objectives.
- Develop and manage product category strategies with the Category Managers.
- Develop and manage brand positioning and consistency through the Marketing Communications team.
- Develop and manage the consumer care strategy, ensuring end consumers are satisfied with their purchase experience and provide reasons for them to be Danby brand advocates.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs including tradeshows.
- Communicates brand and market positioning (Channel Management) internally to pertinent business units, key business partners, and the customer base.
- Coach and lead direct reports, monitor and manage performance, develop performance plans, set and review goals on an individual basis and coach employees on career development. Includes creating training and development plans as well as succession plans for the VP position.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans.
- Develop execution strategies and tactics to support strategic plans at the divisional, regional, and international levels.
- Collaborate with key stake holders to devise and deploy all Marketing goals and objectives across the organization.
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for market and product category requirements.
- Work closely with VP of Supply Chain on new product development, product costing and product lifecycle management.
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- Work with other executive team members to identify and develop strategic alliances, communicate with members, and grow major brand loyalty.
- Act as spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Create product segmentation strategies where needed to maximize business opportunities across various sales channels.
- Work closely with GM’s and Managing Director’s on pricing strategies and set pricing discipline to establish budgets and meet corporate objectives.
- Conduct regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends; create actionable item lists based on findings.
Organizational Objectives & Measurements
- Revenue through to Gross Profit by product category and channel of distribution vs. budget.
- Marketing expenses vs. budget.
- Product Development (% of sales from new products)
- Complete employee performance reviews on time and develop a complete staff development plan.
- Average selling price by category vs. budget.
- Profitability by product category vs. budget.
- Overall EBITDA targets.
Candidates must have a University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the Appliance industry and company operations is crucial and includes 10 years’ of progressively responsible experience with at least 3 years in upper management. An MBA degree is preferred but not mandatory.
Must demonstrate strong business skills related to leading and managing teams, negotiating, interpreting financial documents and company metrics, achieving objectives/results by exercising solid judgment and critical thinking skills and building relationships and communicating/presenting to all levels of employees.
- Follows Danby Code of Conduct and demonstrates commitment to the vision and mission of Danby.
- Acts with the highest integrity and understands the importance of conducting sensitive business matters in a confidential manner.
- Works effectively in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, and is able to direct and work in harmony with a diverse group of individuals.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheets and working knowledge of the Internet.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be comfortable and competent in a range of venues when there is need to represent the organization at the request of or in the absence of the President.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour.
This position works mainly in an office environment at a computer. Is required to travel on a frequent basis and work in excess of the standard work week.