Need a summer job?
Danby strives to provide youth with exciting opportunities and competitive wages during the summer months from May to September.
We start recruiting for summer roles in February due to the number of positions we’re trying to fill. We recruit summer students for various positions in the warehouse, customer service department and in the office.
Why work for Danby as a Summer Student?
- You get to learn a skill and work with a dynamic group of talented people
- Make some $$$ to pay for school, or pay for the things you need
- Staff barbecues and events – everyone likes free food
- We have standard operating hours that won’t cut into your weekend time off.
- We love promoting from within. Prove yourself and/or show some interest and when you’ve completed your schooling there could be an opportunity for you.
- Tired of always looking for another summer job…. do a good job and you will be asked back for future summer contracts.
- Don’t want to be bored at work… Danby will keep you on your toes and you will learn skills that can help with any career in the long run.
- Discounts on our Danby products
- Breaks and lunch. Most of our staff take lunch between 12 noon and 1pm. Run errands, relax in our staff rooms, outside on picnic tables…just chill.
- No uniform. While we do have a dress code there is no uniform you have to iron.
- Meet some great people who are as passionate as you are about the things you care about
- Save your coffee money. Danby has a fabulous new coffee machine that grinds the beans everytime making great coffee!
- Keeps you out of trouble. Having a summer job will make your family happy. Don’t get voluntold by your family what you’re going to do for the summer. Be proactive – apply in February.
- You’re appreciated – we appreciate summer students and are very grateful for all of the help and enthusiasm.
All candidates that successfully complete their contract with Danby are offered continuous summer employment throughout their educational careers.