Under the general direction of the Director of Sales, the Key Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and servicing key National/Regional accounts and ensuring overall customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for meeting sales budgets and generating new programs and/or promotions to help increase sales. The Key Account Manager liaises with the Sales Support Assistant and Inside Sales team to co-ordinate shipping schedules, develop forecast plans and execute promotions.
- Assists in the development of sales programs, product selection and pricing for key accounts
- Maintains sales growth with each major account
- Supports key accounts in their sales efforts by recommending in store merchandising, product advertising, retail markets, and new products
- Generates reports to compare and analyze the sales of major accounts as required
- Monitors performance against the budget and tracks product segments
- Collaborates with the Category Manager to introduce new products and advertising
- Knowledgeable about the competitive market to ensure on-going key account business and generate more sales
- Examines retail and competitive environment to assist in the generation of new ideas
- Creates seasonal promotions, point of sale discounts, in store promotions, merchandise displays and product campaigns
- Meets with Assistant Buyers/Re-Buyers to ensure the forecast plans are up to date and maintained throughout the year.
- Updates Retail Analysis bi-weekly and distributing to Buyers/Assistant Buyers if required.
A University degree in Business and/or Marketing is required plus three to five years related experience in servicing key accounts. Thorough knowledge of the appliance industry and retail channels is required. Must be able to demonstrate strong business skills related to negotiating, budgeting, analyzing sales figures, presenting and selling products to clients. Candidates must also have an excellent grasp of brand building and customer service coupled with strong communications skills. Must have proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers. Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is also required. Frequent travel in the US is expected. Travel to Canada may also be required.