Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Key Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and servicing key National/Regional accounts and ensuring overall customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for meeting sales budgets and generating new programs and/or promotions to help increase sales. The Key Account Manager liaises with the Sales support team to co-ordinate shipping schedules, develop forecast plans and execute promotions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the generation and maintenance of National/Regional accounts.
- Assists in the development of sales programs, product selection and pricing for key accounts
- Builds and maintains a relationship and rapport with accounts
- Maintains sales growth with each major account
- Travels to review with each key account, business account and sales figures
- Supports key accounts in their sales efforts by recommending in store merchandising, product advertising, retail markets, and new products
- Generates reports to compare and analyze the sales of major accounts as required
- Monitors performance against the budget and tracks product segments
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to introduce new products and advertising
- Knowledgeable about the competitive market to ensure on-going key account business and generate more sales
2. Responsible for assisting in the generation of new ideas to address customer needs.
- Makes recommendations regarding the introduction of new products
- Examines retail and competitive environment to assist in the generation of new ideas
- Creates seasonal promotions, point of sale discounts, in store promotions, merchandise displays and product campaigns
3. Responsible for assisting in providing customer service to major National/Regional Accounts.
- Meets with Assistant Buyers/Re-Buyers to ensure the forecast plans are up to date and maintained throughout the year
- Collaborates with Assistant Buyers on execution plans for upcoming promotion set forth by the Buyer and Director of Sales
- Updating Retail Analysis bi-weekly and distributing to Buyers/Assistant Buyers if required
4. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A University degree in Business and/or Marketing is required plus three to five years related experience in servicing key accounts
- Thorough knowledge of the appliance industry and retail channels is required
- Must be able to demonstrate strong business skills related to negotiating, budgeting, analyzing sales figures, presenting and selling products to clients
- Excellent grasp of brand building and customer service coupled with strong communications skills
- Must have proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers
- Effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is also required
The Key Account Manager works in an office setting. The individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position. Data entry is required of the individual. Frequent travel within the US is required. Travel to Canada may also be required.