Are you a people-oriented HR professional searching for an opportunity that provides a variety of challenges and the ability to make a difference?
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Specialist to champion the company’s recruitment efforts to hire the best and brightest for our organization. Additionally, your love of having a variety of projects on the go and continuously seeking improvements will be imperative to success in this role. This position is a 1 year maternity leave replacement contract.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and implement recruiting strategies and methods in line with organizational goals.
- Post job openings to ensure maximum candidate reach using social media and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates where applicable.
- Update the company career webpage.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Coach hiring managers on Danby recruitment practices as well as collaborate with hiring managers to develop recruiting plans and make hiring decisions.
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
- Assist with the identification of training needs, and the selection, development and delivery of appropriate programs.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, listening to concerns, interpreting and administering policies and helping to resolve problems.
- Advise and assist managers with disciplinary actions, performance management and improvement plans, interpretation and administration of policies, programs and the application of employment laws.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Administer service recognition program.
- Provide back up for the weekly payroll.
- Other projects for continuous improvement.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
A University degree in Business or Human Resources is required and have or be working towards your CHRP designation. Must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a corporate recruiting capacity and have some experience in training, employee relations, benefits admin and payroll.
Must be able to demonstrate strong skills in the areas of communication, both written & verbal, behavioral interviewing techniques, impeccable organization skills, knowledge of Employment Law, Human Rights Code and general HR practices. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products is essential (Including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining a great team please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Put the job title in the subject line please) Although we appreciate the interest in Danby only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted. NO agencies please. Danby is an equal opportunity employer.