Are you an analytical thinker, thrive on a high level of responsibility and love working in a fast-paced environment? The role of Category Analyst is a position where you take the wheel by advising the Category Manager when developing the best strategy to drive category and retail growth based on your analysis. Under the direction of Danby’s General Manager of Sales, this role works closely with Wal-Mart and their vendor community to meet and exceed their retail growth targets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong trusting relationships throughout the Wal-Mart organization and vendor community.
- Routinely influences retailer decisions through the development of category focused trade stories that link customer and category strategies
- Perform promotional analysis, sell thru data, rollback analysis, pricing matrix and report the impact on the category
- Monitor competitive sku level activity across all 4 Ps with focus on placement and assortment
- Seeks, creates and identifies new business opportunities, that build total category consumption
- Builds standard POG as well as multiple cut-backs, tracking share of linear and assortment by segmentations
- Coordinate activities between suppliers as directed by the Category Manager
- Analyze POS data available through Retail Link and Nielsen to develop strategic, fact based recommendations to increase growth and provide high level analytical insights to Category Manager.
- Perform best practice category management techniques, retail intelligence and space optimization
- Maintain a clean item file
- Excellent multi-tasking ability with a robust sense of urgency
- Superb attention to detail
- High level of integrity and confidentially
- Self-motivator and ability to work with limited feedback
- Enriched problem-solving abilities
- Professional communication and written/verbal presentation skills and ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners internally and externally.
- True servant leader
- Strong understanding of supply chain/ demand planning and forecasting
- In-depth retail market awareness and understanding of market trends
- Knowledge of Wal-Mart merchandising, Wal-Mart modular planning and Wal-Mart Replenishment teams and systems
- Strong familiarity with syndicated data and tools, measures and software (eg. Nielsen, NPD, IRi, Spectra)
- Proficient on Retail Link; Microsoft Office programs, Excel, MS Word, Power Point, Access, and Prospace programs
A 4-year university degree or college business background is preferred. Category Management Association certification is a plus. Candidates must have access to a car during business hours as travel is required to perform some of the duties of the position.
If you are interested in joining a great team please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Put the job title in the subject line please) Although we appreciate the interest in Danby only those candidates that are being considered will be contacted. NO agencies please. Danby is an equal opportunity employer.