Under the general direction of the Managing Director of Sales, the General Manager is responsible for all sales activities of Danby Products Ltd. This includes responsibilities for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals, developing distribution channels, building strategic business relationships, formulating innovative business development strategies and providing vision for all sales strategies and their execution. The General Manager is also responsible for containing the costs of selling in order to achieve predetermined profit yields while staying within budgets. This position also directs and coordinates the activities of the National Account Managers, Sales Manager, and Inside Sales Manager to ensure achievement of Danby’s business and strategic objectives. As a member of the Senior Management team, he or she will participate in the development of the organization’s priorities and objectives in alignment with the corporate vision and mission statement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the company’s attainment of volume, revenue and profit targets with emphasis on building a strong reputation in the appliance industry by building brand loyalty through superior customer service.
- Develop monthly commentaries that report on the monthly P&L performance to budget and to prior.
- Develop quarterly presentations for the board of directors that report on the quarterly P&L performance, market conditions and initiatives address business opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Marketing and Managing Director to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans and budgets.
- Negotiate annual win-win programs with our customers that meet the Danby Group’s margin requirements.
- Provide strong leadership to Danby Ltd. by promoting the vision, mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission by direct reports.
- Develop and implement monthly/quarterly and/or annual sales plans, budgets, policies and programs for all sales channels.
- Communicate the strategic goals and objectives of Danby Ltd. with direct reports.
- Manage the activities and performance of all direct reports.
- Assist in the development of performance based incentives for the Sales Team through scorecarding.
- Provide support to direct reports in their management roles; by communicating expectations/plans, coaching their performance, providing opportunities to develop skills and holding them accountable.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts/dealers and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Conduct sales forecasts and account reviews monthly /annually and create status reports to compare against objectives.
- In conjunction with the Marketing team, assist in conducting market research and analysis for the purpose of developing and executing promotional strategies and product offerings to enhance penetration and profitability;
- In conjunction with the Marketing team, help monitor national trends in the appliance industry and recommend strategies to ensure Danby becomes and remains the first choice for compact, wine & beverage, and home comfort and other appliances by end users.
- Conduct regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends; create actionable item lists based on findings and provide feedback to Marketing.
- Develop processes to gather continuous feedback from clients/customers to build and maintain a culture that focuses on delivering outstanding service to customers.
- Manage assigned budgets while consistently seeking revenue and cost optimization.
- Provide feedback and input on, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment – for strategic planning processes.
- Ensure division-wide programs are administered consistently and fairly.
- Responsible for overseeing the forecasting / ordering product to meet market demand / needs.
- Make product line recommendations and identify potential new product adjacencies to marketing based on feedback and market trends.
- Put in place a process / system for continuous competitive profiling.
- Develop/acquire and maintain a CRM to monitor performance of sales representatives and measure closing ratios.
- Assess operational issues in regards to competitiveness.
- Provide feedback to Marketing to help create product segmentation strategies where needed to maximize business opportunities across various sales channels.
- Develop execution strategies and tactics to support strategic plans at the divisional, regional, and international levels as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in business, marketing, or related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical sales experience.
- 5 years’ of direct work experience in a senior management capacity.
- Working experience in the Appliance industry preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience in sales and/or marketing required.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking and presenting.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers.
- Proven team management and leadership skills to achieve top performance.
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- Confident with decision making in regards to determining project guidelines, purpose, following through and completion.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
The General Manager works in an office setting. This individual spends most of their time in a seated position. Data entry is required on a daily basis. Frequent travel within the US and other locations as required.