Under the general direction of the Director of Consumer Care and Reverse Logistics, the Consumer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for serving consumers, technicians and dealers in a professional and timely manner from the initial call to final resolution via the telephone, email and fax. The CSR follows all corporate procedures (SOPs) and policies when providing customer service and participates in all assigned training, setting and meeting personal goals. They also understand their role as brand ambassador and provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides professional and courteous assistance to the final consumer, technicians and dealers according to company policies and procedures as they relate to service and warranties.
- Analyzes and resolves customer service issues in order to meet and exceed customer satisfaction within established SOPs.
- Provides consumer education on installation and proper operation of all products.
- Provides generic troubleshooting information on the technical aspects of our products and requests assistance from technicians when required.
- Explains the appropriate warranty provisions for the products sold by Danby as required to service depots, dealers and consumers.
- Determines a suitable warranty resolution for consumers whether it be replacement, repair or refund of appliance according to company policy and procedure.
- Keeps customers informed of the status of their claim or the final resolution approved in a timely fashion.
- Processes replacements of units as per company warranty and policies and checks for stock availability. Enters replacement orders in Apprise as per instructions.
- Requests Return Authorizations (RA) from Inside Sales Department when assisting consumers with returning product to retailers.
- Processes requests for refund of product under warranty as per company policies.
- Contacts dealers to get clarification on sales items, requests replacements of appliances or any other pertinent matter on consumer’s behalf.
- Interacts with service depots on behalf of customers i.e. requests documentation, part numbers, assists with scheduling of service calls and sourcing and expediting of parts.
- Contacts Purchasing Department to determine if parts are available. If not will submit a request to Product Development to strip parts when needed.
- Enters part orders and credit requests from consumers, dealers and service depots into Apprise.
- Escalates consumer issues to the Consumer Service Coordinator when issues fall outside of ability to resolve satisfactorily or as required.
- Dispatches service calls for US customers where Danby authorized dealers are not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a college or university degree plus three to five years of direct work experience in Customer Service (appliance industry preferred)
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong skills in communication and rapport building, problem solving, managing detail, multi-tasking and follow through
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is considered an asset
- Bilingual in French and English, both written and verbal, is an asset
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!